1. YES! I managed to get her to have a sleep in her cot! Winning.
2. I wonder how long she’ll sleep for.
3. Maybe she’ll nap for two hours like that time last week.
4. TWO HOURS! What can I do with two whole hours?!
5. I’ll have a bath. I can even straighten my hair.
6. Actually, better put the washing on the line first.
7. Oh, and unstack the dishwasher.
8. Was that her stirring? Please don’t let her be awake already.
9. I should probably tidy away the breakfast dishes.
10. Maybe she’ll sleep for three hours. That would be amazing. I could clean the whole house! I could clear all that work that I’ve been putting off!
11. I’ll just check Facebook.
12. She’s been asleep for half an hour now. Safe to put a boasty status update on Facebook about how my baby’s sleeping? Nope… better not chance it. Tempting fate and all that.
13. Shall I have a bath?
14. Blimey this bathroom is filthy. I’ll just quickly give it the once over before I run that bath.
15. Hoovering! I could do the hoovering! Or will it wake her?
16. I should probably prepare her lunch just in case I don’t have a chance to do it when she wakes up.
17. Is she awake? Was that her?
18. Bloody postman! He’s going to wake her up!
19. Argh! The landline phone! Who even invented phones that ring anyway? What a stupid bloody invention.
20. She’s definitely going to be awake now.
21. Phew. Right, well I could hang the washing up. Just another quick check of Facebook first. Oh and while I’m here I’ll just nip onto Instagram and Twitter.
22. How did I just lose ten minutes of sacred baby nap time on social media? What a waste!
23. What shall we have for tea tonight? I could make tea now and get really ahead of myself.
24. I’ll just start that bit of work first.
25. She’ll probably wake up in a minute though. No point getting the laptop out.
26. I wonder how long she’ll sleep for. I’ll just Google “Baby nap times for a nearly six month old.”
27. Pft, the internet doesn’t know anything about baby sleep. Google is useless.
28. Have I eaten today? I’m starving. Two hands free! I’ve got two whole hands! I could make something other than toast.
29. And a hot cup of tea! This is the best day EVER.
30. I really should run that bath.
31. She’s been asleep for a full hour now. Definitely time to hit Facebook and tell the world. I know everyone will be SO interested in my baby’s sleep patterns.
32. Today could be a two hour nap day. YES! I’ll definitely have time for a bath.
33. Damn. She’s awake.
Pin it for later…